Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ghirardelli Classic Brownies

Ghirardelli Classic Brownies
4 oz. Ghirardelli semi-sweet batking bar
1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
3/4 cup and 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chips

Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour an 8"x8" pan. In a heavy 1-1/2 qt. saucepan melt chocolate bar and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove pan from heat; let cool to room temperature. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, mix well. In bown, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly fold flour mixture into chocolate mixture; mix well. Stir in chips. Pour batter in pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment