Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Rice Krispies Drumsticks

These drumsticks are a fun twist on the traditional rice krispy treat.

3 tbsp. margerine or butter
1 pkg. 10 oz. marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
6 cups puffed rice cereal
1/2 cup peanut butter
4 tbsp. powdered sugar
Frosted flakes

1. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt margerine and marshmallows on High for 2 minutes stirring after 1 minute. Stir until smooth.

2. Add puffed rice cereal until well coated. When slightly cooled, shape cereal mixture into drumstick shapes using buttered hands. Place on waxed paper or a surface coated with cooking spray and cool.

3. Mix peanut butter with sugar. Spread over top of each drumstick. Crush frosted flakes with rolling pin. Dip drumsticks in crushed frosted flakes.

* you can substitute cocoa krispies cereal for frosted flakes

No comments:

Post a Comment