Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Angel Cake (Pastel de Angel)

Ana Gloria Cano Montes de Farias (aka Mama')

3 loafs of pound cake (Entemann's small size)
6 eggs
2 cans condensed milk
1/4 lb. butter
1 can evaporated milk
nuts and raisins

Slice pound cake approx. 1/4 inch-1/2 inch thick. Be as consistent as possible with your slicing.
Place one layer of sliced pound cake into pan. Butter in chunks goes on top.
In blender, milk with eggs
Pour onto bread and cover with raisins and pecans
Layer again, etc.
Put in over for 1/2 hour or until golden brown and knife comes out clean.

Can serve warm or cooled

*I got this recipe from my Mother-in-Law my first Christmas at the In-Laws. It's an old family recipe that's been passed down orally for a while. Mama' was kind enough to dictate it to me so I could put it down, since their family doesn't use recipes- they just cook from memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment