Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ghirardelli Chocolate Souffle'

1/4 c and 2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp flour
 1/2 c heavy whipping cream or half and half
4 eggs, seperated
1-1/2 bars (6 oz) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch salt
pinch cream of tartar
2 tsp. confectioner's sugar

Preaheat to 375. Butter a 1-1/2 qt ceramic souffle' dish. Sprinkle the inside of the dish with 2 tbsp of the sugar to coat. In a medium sized heavy saucepan, combine the remaining granulated sugar and flour and mix well. Add the whipping cream. Cook over medium heat until the sugar melts. Beat egg yolks. Gradually add a small amount of the warm sugar-cream mixture to the egg yolks, stirring continuously. Pour the egg mixture into the saucepan and mix well. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the melted chocolate, vanilla, and salt. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gently fold the cooled chocolate mixture into the egg whites until no streaks of white remain. Spoon the souffle' into the prepared dish. Bake 30-35 muntes or until puffed. Dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve immediately. Makes 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment