Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Apple Walnut Cake

Karlie Shaw Abrams

2 c. flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. veg oil
2 c. sugar
3 large eggs at room temp.
3 c apples cupt into small pieces
1 c. chopped walnuts
3 tbsp. apple brandy- optional

Preheat to 325
Sift together dry ingredients.

Beat oil and sugar together unti smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time and beat until light.

Add dry ingredients in thirds beating after each addition until smooth. Will be extremely thick. With a spoon stir in remining ingredients until just blended. Divide between prepared pans and bake 40-45 minutes.

Icing: beat 1 lb. cream cheese with 1/2 c softened butter. Gradually add 1 cup caramel sauce until well incorporated.

Frost cooled cake. Garnish with chopped walnuts and drizzle 1/4 cup caramel sauce.

*I got this recipe from my college roommate and dear friend Karlie Shaw Abrams. It is my favorite cake, hands-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment