Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Decadent Strawberry Shortcake

1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 pint strawberries, stems removed, cut into small pieces
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. orange extract
Whipped Cream as garnish

Preheat oven to 350. In a saucepan bring the milk and butter to a boil.

Meanwhile beat eggs until light and very fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix in well, then gradually add the flour.

Drizzle in the hot milk, then add baking powder. Pour into an ungreased tube pan with straight walls. Bake for 1 hour.

Combine strawberries, 2 tbsp. sugar, and orange extract in a bown and set aside. Let the cake cool in the pan, and then use a blunt knife to losen. Turn over and serve with strawberries and whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment