Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lemon Bars- Betty Crocker

Betty Crocker Lemon Bars

1 c. flour
1/2 c. margerine
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 c. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice (I usually up this to 1/4 cup because I like mine with extra zing)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs
powdered sugar to garnish

Heat oven to 350. Mix flour, butter, 1/4 cup powdered sugar until smooth. Press into ungreased 8x8 pan, building up 1/2 inch edges. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Beat remaining ingredients except powdered sugar with electric mixer on high for about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Pour over hot crust.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until no indention remains when touched lightly in center.
Dust with powdered sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment