Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Frozen Apple Oatmeal Sandwiches

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. apple juice or milk
2 tbsp. apple jelly or apple sauce
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 pkgs. (8.6 ounces each) soft-baked oatmeal cookies
6 ounces milk chocolate
2 tsp. vegetable oil

1. in a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese sugar, apple juice, apple jelly, and cinnamon. Beat on medium-high speed with electric mixer until very smooth

2. spread 2-1/2 tbsp mixture over flat side of one cookie. Sandwich with flat side of second cookie, being careful not to let filling ooze out side. Repeat with all cookies and filling for a total of 8 sandwiches. Place on a small waxed paper-lined cookie sheet and freeze for at least 3 hours or until firm.

3. combine chocolate and vegetable oil in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir until smooth, returning to microwave in 15-second intervals if needed. Remove sandwiches from freezer. Half-dip in chocolate. Return to wax paper-lined sheet. Return to freezer for 15 minutes.

Serve Cold

No comments:

Post a Comment