Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Easy Gingerbread Bars

Easy Gingerbread Bars
1-1/4 cups sugar
1 cup  butter, softened
1 egg
3 tbsp. molasses
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
3 tbsp. decorator or granulated sugar

Heat oven to 350. Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce speed to low. Beat until well mixed.

Press dough into ungreased 15x10x1 jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with decorator sugar. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool completely. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutter or cut into bars. Makes 48 bars.

*I think it's a good idea to glaze the bars while still warm with a maple glaze, or if you're a fan of hypoglycemic comas, you can frost it with the Penuche Frosting listed above. Gaaaaahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment