Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Sunday, November 14, 2010

The BEST Pumpkin Pie

Camille Farias

2 c sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp nutmeg
4 large eggs
1 can (29 oz) Pumpkin Puree' (Libby's)
2 cans (12 oz) Evaporated Milk
2 unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie shells or 4 9 inch shallow pie shells

Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
Pour into pie shells
Bake in preheated 425 oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temp to 350. Bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve or refrigerate

*This is the recipe off the back of the Libby's Pumpkin can, with a few tweaks in it. Use Libby's if you can find it. I've used store brand pumpkin before and it's not so good. The extra sweetness and spice really up the yumminess of this recipe, and it's always the first pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving dinner to disappear.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! I have been searching my recipes and scrap papers for this exact recipe for weeks. This year when I write it down, I'll put it away immediately so I don't lose it again. I'm usually not a big pumpkin pie fan, but this recipe has restored my faith in the wonder of pumpkin pie. This and my berry pie were huge hits at last year's festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made sure to put this one up here just for you, Mel. ;)

    ReplyDelete