Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Honey Bun Cake

Betty Crocker

1 pkg butter recipe yellow cake mix
2 sticks butter, softened
4 eggs
1 container (8 oz) sour cream
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla

Heat oven to 350. Generously grease bottom only of 9x13 pan. Remove 1/2 cup dry cake mix, reserve. Beat remaining dry cake mix, butter, eggs, and sour cream in large bowl on medium speed w minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Spread half of the batter in pan. Stir together reserved dry cake mix, brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter in pan. Carefully spread remaining batter evenly over pecan mixture. To make spreading easier, drop batter by dollops over pecan mixture then spread.

Bake 40-45 minutes or until deep golden brown and cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Stir powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until thin enough to drizzle, stirring in additional milk if necessary. Poke top of warm cake several times with fork. Spread over top of cake. Cool completely before serving. Store covered.

*My sister Emily and I made this cake one time just out of curiosity because we saw it on the back of a cake mix and we thought it sounded interesting. I was instantly hooked. You will be, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment