Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Raspberry Pistachio Cookies

1/2 c butter or margerine, softened
1/4 c powdered sugar
1 egg separated
1 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 unsalted pistachios, shelled and finely chopped
1/4 c raspberry jam or jelly

Combine butter, powdered sugar, egg yolk and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and salt; mix thoroughly. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes or until dough hardens.

With the palm of your hand, shape dough into small balls, about 1 to 1-1/4 inch in diameter. Beat egg white until foamy; dip balls in egg white then roll in chopped pistachios. Place on baking sheet that has been very lightly coated with cooking spray; make deep indention in each cookie.

Bake at 350 for approx 12 minutes. Remove from oven; cool. with back of a small spoon, fill indention with raspberry jam or jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment