Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sand Castle Brownie Mix

Sand Castle Brownie Mix- Audrey Lindsey
Holiday Gift 1999

In a 1 qt. jar layer the following:
1/3 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup coconut
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 cup flour

Additional Ingredients
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter or margerine
1 tsp. vanilla

To prepare: In bowl, combine wet ingredients. Stir in dry ingredients until well blended. Spread in a greased 8" square pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Let cool before serving.

* I received this as a gift from the Lindsey family for Christmas in 1999. They put the dry ingredients in a mason jar which they decorated. The printed instructions above were attached on a tag. It was a fun and delicious gift and I thought it would be a great idea for a holiday gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment