Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hawaiian Wedding Cake

2 c flour
2 c sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can crushed pineapple, with juice, undrained
1 c shredded coconut
1 c walnuts, coarsely chopped plus more to garnish
1/2 c butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 c confectioner's sugar
1 tsp vanilla

1. Heat oven to 325. Spray a 13x9 pan with non-stick spray
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, suguar, soda, eggs, pineapple with juice, coconut, and 1 cup of the walnuts. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined and all ingredients are moist.
3. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
4. In a bowl beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar and vanilla until smooth. Frost cooled cake with the cream cheese mixture. Garnish edges with chopped walnuts if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment