Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Quick, Easy Penuche Icing

Carolyn Smith

1/2 c. butter or margerine
1/4 c. milk
1 c. brown sugar
1-3/4 to 2 c. powdered sugar

Melt butter, add brown sugar. Boil 2 min, stirring constantly. Add milk, bring to boil, then remove and cool 3 minutes. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating with electric mixer. Keep warm while spreading, or reheat to spread. May be refrigerated for about a week. Will not sugar

*You can spread this on cardboard and people will gobble it up. It's a classic recipe from the 50's that I got from my first RS President.

No comments:

Post a Comment