Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Cookies

2 bars (8 oz) Semi-sweet Chocolate Baking Bars broken into 1" pieces
3/4 c brown sugar, packed
1/4 c butter, softened
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
2 cups walnuts, optional

Preheat to 350. Place semi-sweet chocolate in a large bowl in microwave at medium power for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Remove and stir. If not melted, return and repeat heating step, stirring every 30 seconds. When small lumps remain, remove and continue to stir to complete melting. Stir in sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir flour with baking powder; add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by 1/4 cup onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet; remove to wire cooling rack. Makes 12-18 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment