Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Sunday, November 14, 2010

Raspberry Blintz Casserole

Linda Morten

Preheat oven to 350
Grease a 3 quart rectangular baking dish, set aside (9x13)
1. Batter: combine 6 eggs, 2 egg whites, 1-1/2 c sour cream, 2 tsp finely shredded orange peel, 1/2 c orange juice, and 1/4 cup softened butter in blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Add 1 c flour, 1/2 c sugar, and 2 tsp baking powder. Process until smooth. Transfer to medium bowl and set aside.
2. Filling: in blender combine 1 (15 oz) container cottage cheese; and 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened; 2 egg yolks, 2 tbsp sugar; and 2 tsp vanilla. Cover; blend until smooth. Set aside. Pour about 2 cups of the batter into prepared dish. Spoon filling mixture over batter in dish; swirl filling into batter with a knife. Pour remaining batter evenly over mixture in dish.
3. Bake approx. 45 minutes or until puffed and lightly golden. Cool 30 minutes on a wire rack (edges may fall during cooling). Serve with raspberry-orange sauce. If desired, serve with fresh raspberries, orange sections, and  mint sprigs.

Raspberry Orange Sauce: Wash blender. Thaw 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen raspberries in syrup; do not drain. Place in blender. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve; discard seeds. Place puree' in small pan. Stir in 1 tbsp cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir in 1/3 cup orange juice. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment