Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ghirardelli Mississippi Mud Bars

1/2 c butter or margerine, softened
3/4 c brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 c all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 bar (4 oz) semi-sweet baking bar, chopped and divided
1 bar (4 oz) white chocolate baking bar, chopped and divided
1 c walnuts, chopped and divided

Preheat to 350. In a large bowl. beat butter with sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes). Add vanilla and egg, mix on low speed until incorporated. combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Mix in 1/2 of the chopped semi-sweet and white chocolate bars and 1/2 c walnuts. Spread in a greased 9" square baking pan. Bake for 12-15 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Sprinkle with remaining semi-sweet and white chocolates. Cover with foil. Let stand 5 minutes or until chocolates are melted. Swirl chocolates with small knife to marbleize. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c walnuts. Cool in pan until chocolate is firm. Cut into bars. Makes 1 doz bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment