Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Sunday, November 14, 2010

Creamy Berry Pie

Crust:
6 tbsp butter
12 graham cracker boards, crushed
1 tbsp sugar
pinch salt

Filling and Berries:
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
3 tbsp water
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cointainer (8 oz) sour cream
1/3 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c strawberry jelly
1 pkg (6 oz) raspberries
1 c blueberries
1 c strawberries, halved and quartered
1/2 oz white chocolate
1/2 tsp vegetable oil

1. Crust: Melt butter in microwave for 20 seconds. In a medium bowl, stir graham sugar, and salt. Add butter- stir until crubs are evenly moistened. Press up sides and bottom of 9-inch pie plate. Use the bottom of a glass to firmly pack crumbs. Refrigerate while making filling.

2. Filling: In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand for 3 minutes. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.

3. Transfer softened gelatin to microwave, heat 15-30 seconds. Stir until smooth. With mixer running, pour gelatin into cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Pour into chilled crust and smooth. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.

4. Melt jelly in microwave for 10 seconds. Gently toss with berries in large bowl. Remove plastic from pie. Top pie with berries. Microwave chocolate and oil. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over pie. Slice and serve chilled. Refrigerate leftovers.

*You can make this with just one type of berry.

No comments:

Post a Comment