Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Virginia Fudge (Penuche Fudge)

Lyn Babb

1 cube + 2 tbsp butter
2 c brown sugar
1/2 c evaporated milk
1/2-1 c chopped nuts
1 tsp vanilla
3 c sifted powdered sugar

melt butter in sauce pan. add brown sugar and milk. boil, stirring constanly for 3 min. Keep sugar crystals from forming on sides of saucepan. Remove from heat. Add vanilla, powdered sugar, and nuts.
Make sure candy is free from lumps and pour into 8x8 pan.

Cool completely before serving.
Store in refrigerator.

*This is my favorite candy recipe of all time. It reminds me of all my favorite holidays, because when I was little mom always made it for Christmas and Thanksgiving. It's a nice change from the chocolate-blitz you're usually hit with around Christmas, so I like to give this away as a holiday gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment