Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Buttery Oatmeal Crisps

1-3/4 c quick cooking rolled oats
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 c butter, melted
1/4 c corn syrup
1/4 c whipping cream
1-1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp shortening

1. Preheat to 350. Line a cookie sheet with foil, set aside. In a large bowl combine oats, sugar, flour, and baking powder; set aside. In another bowl combine melted butter, corn syrup, and cream. Add butter mixture to oat mixture and stir until combined. For each cookie, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until bubbly golden brown around edges. Cool cookies on foil. Carefully lift edges of cookies, then peel cookies off of foil.
2. In a small heavy saucepan heat chocolate pieces and shortening over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Dip one half of each cookie into chocolate mixture. Place on waxed paper to cool until chocolate is set. Makes about 60 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment