Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Chocolate Walnut Tart

1 refrigerated ready-to-use pie crust
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup salted butter
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
3/4 cup dark corn syrup
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
whipped cream for serving (optional)

1. place oven rack in lower third of oven. Heat to 350.
2. Unfold the pie crust. Roll up on a rolling pin to transfer. Unroll into 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Fold overhaning crust into pan; press crust against side of pan. (or do what I do and just dump the whole thing into a regular pie pan the best you can without tearing it to shreds). Sprinkle the chocolate and chopped walnuts evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
3. Microwave the butter until melted. Beat in bowl with brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Pour evenly into crust.
4. Bake in the lower third of the oven for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Transfer pan to wire rack. Let cool. Remove from pan (if you're using the fancy-pants pan with the removable bottom). Serve with whipped cream if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment