Welcome!

This site is currently under construction as I add the hundreds of recipes in my personal collection. I'm starting with desserts because, well, they're my favorite! These are the best recipes I've come across in the 15 plus years that I've been actively cooking and baking. I've collected them from people all over the country/world, and I've given credit to the folks I've taken these recipes from whenever possible. Please be courteous and do likewise. Many of these recipes are my own personal twists on cookbook classics, and I'd like to preserve my intellectual property.



Sunday, January 30, 2011

No-Bake S'Mores Cookie

I was having an epic chocolate craving after church today, so I decided to make some "no-bake" cookies. I whipped out my trusty Terrenton ID Ward cookbook (graduation present from my sister Kristy), and turned to page 272, only to realize I lacked the required ingredient. In my desperation I just started grabbing things from the pantry and the unholy concoction that emerged may be the best no-bake recipe I've ever had. Wow.

Mix:
1 c. sugar, 1/3 c butter, 1/2 c. evaporated milk, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, and 1/4 cup cocoa in a pot. Melt and mix together. Let boil for 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat and add 1-1/4 cup mini marshmallows and 3 tbsp. peanut butter. Mix well, allowing the marshmallows to melt.
Add 1-1/4 cup oatmeal and 1 more cup of mini marshmallows. Mix until equally blended and drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper or a greased cookie sheet. Allow to cool.

Move over, Curtis's "Dinosaur Food" recipe and Mom's "Chocolate Oatmeal Stuff"- we've got a new most addictive substance ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment